Wednesday 28 December 2011

Nobelsgate 13



The door was ajar. It was dark and cold. I walked through the hall into the drawing room. Had I walked inside to outside? Or summer to winter? Something didn't make sense. It was blowing an almighty blizzard and the snow settled in drifts up against the memory of what should have been a wall. In the middle of the room was the biggest tree I had ever seen was in the centre.

It was so big it looked like the trunks had split to become a wood. I looked high up, I couldn't see the celing, it was more of a night's sky. Black and white doves perched, tweeting and flying within the branches, it almost made me feel giddy. I squinted my eyes, were my eyes playing tricks again or could I see a house, a church a boy and a girl. It's vague, almost see-through. Did I hear a giggle, what was that noise? Crashing water, a waterfall perhaps? In the corner of my eye I can see Momo. I'd never seen her  before, she died way before I was born. I knew it was her from the pictures mum had shown me. She looked young and beautiful. She was sewing something in patchwork. She had a crown of daisies on her head. Momo smiled, but she couldn't see me. She was singing.

No comments:

Post a Comment