Monday 2 January 2012

The Stairs and the Keepers. UP

If I remember correctly from mum's stories this house has five staircases with their own keepers:


  Jaguar Jade

Shadow Smokes

Pan


Fawn 

Golden Unicorn 


I also remember there could be Tweedle Dee and Dum  talking Teapots and a Old Dopey Troll in the corridor.



Time to explore, but which way? It made sense to try the nearest  stairs first. That was in this room a huge grand sweeping staircase going up. I was also pleased that this keeper was fast asleep. I crept up  quietly and quickly, not  a blink, I wasn't about to wake him now.  That was easy, it took me up to the middle of a long corridor with lots of doors on each side. One was open so I peaked in, nothing. I tried another and found a well loved floppy zebra on the window's ledge, was it my grandmothers? I carried on, I wasn't sure which way and then I noticed a curtain in place of a door at the end of the corridor on the right so I went that way. Bingo, two more staircases, one up the other down. I'd just been down so it had to be up. I tried to go up but tripped and fell back. How very strange, it felt like I had walked into a sheet of glass or an invisible barrier or maybe a force that I had bounced right off. As I sat puzzled at the bottom of the stairs I saw a golden unicorn standing on the step. I picked him up, he wasn't much bigger than my hand, I look him in the eye and walk up the stairs, this time I make it to the top. Of course he was a keeper. I placed him at the top of the stairs so that he could help me back down. I found myself in front of a large arched door. 

No comments:

Post a Comment