Saturday 24 December 2011

Christmas Eve

Everyone always asks me, have I written letter to Father Christmas. I write and ask for the same every year, a surprise please! And this year, that is exactly what  my sister and I got. We got on a plane and we didn't know where we were going. My sister thought we were going to Lapland to see Father Christmas, I wasn't so sure. I thought we could be going to the other side of the world. This is because the aeroplane took forever, for infinity. I watched Alice in Wonderland twice, I was very tired and wanted to go to sleep, but somehow I just couldn't even though everyone else had.



The more I kept staring into the video screen, I wished I could fall asleep, but it only got harder. Eventually the screen went fuzzy like pixel snow. The more I looked the more I could see things, like when you can see the shape of a cat or dog in the clouds. 

But then something happened.

 When I watched the pixel squares, they turned into dots, and then they slowly turned into tiny bubble spheres. It looked magical how the light caught and reflected so many colours off it. When the bubble sphere caught a colour, it kept it while darting in and out of others across the screen. It looked like a game of space invaders.

I kept looking at my screen. It's amazing as the little dot - sphere- bubble things are arranging themselves into something. Soon it made a wonderland. Wow, how could that have happened? I wonder where Alice is? It looked so beautiful and magical, I found it hard to believe let alone imagine. I then touched the screen and to my amazement the screen seemed to dissolve and my hand slipped through.

Oh Oh what was happening. In shock I pulled my hand back.
This wasn’t Alice’s Wonderland, It's mine!

Not somewhere in a film or a book but somewhere real, right in front of my eyes. I turned around and I could see that my family were fast asleep.  Everyone else was also asleep, except for the crew walking down the isle with juice and water. I waited for the air hostess to pass by and then I touched the screen again. My finger and then my hand followed through the screen. I felt a bit braver this time and stretched my whole arm in. Fiddle sticks. I couldn't go any further. I could get as far as my arm pit, but my neck gets in the way. I couldn't tuck my head in either. It's no use, my arm is dangling inside the screen, but what about the rest of me? I felt hot, but I knew there was a breeze, because I could feel it tickle every strand of my hair as it stuck up on my arm. If only I could go there, actually get in there I mean. If I pulled my arm out ever so slightly I could see a little more. I've got to try and Think!

No comments:

Post a Comment